If you are interested in booking any of the comedians that are featured on this website please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to pass on your enquiry.
Time Out – “Very funny, fresh and endlessly creative… A star-of-the-future”
Metro Newspaper - "Broderick's feverish and intensely funny imagination was hugely entertaining."
British Theatre Guide – “Rob Broderick comes up with perfect off-the-cuff punch lines. A comic of rare inventiveness.”
For the past year, stand up comedian Rob Broderick has been delighting and amazing audiences with his music and comedy show. It is a heady combination of stand up comedy, mixed with improvised lyrics based on audience suggestions over guitar licks and folk rhythms. “8 Mile meets Flight of the Conchords” – Chortle.co.uk
As a stand up comic that improvised his way into the final of ‘So You Think You’re Funny’ in 2005, Rob is well used to delivering both scripted and off-the-cuff material. His ‘music and comedy’ combination began at the Brighton Fringe Festival 2008. During the festival Rob played to a packed house and was invited to perform at the awards ceremony of the festival at the Spiegel tent. The show was then performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, where again it played to packed houses.
You will find yourself immediately involved but feel totally safe as you watch a man create a hilarious set from nothing but the stimulus within the room and the creative explosions in his head.
- Resident compere for the Free Beer Show, Oxford’s weekly comedy night. In the past few months, headliners include Reginal D. Hunter, Josie Long, John Gordillo and Russell Howard.
- Resident compere for Carnival des Phenomenes, a monthly London show and a late night show at the Gilded Balloon during Edinburgh Fringe Festival, 2008.
- Resident compere for Essex University’s Three Shots Comedy Club.
- In the upcoming months Rob will be hosting the Truck Festival’s comedy tent (music festival in Oxford) as well as a 4 hour show at Bestival.
- Over the past year, Rob has hosted over 100 shows including 30 at the Brighton Fringe Festival and many others all around London.
- Member of Scratch Impro, one of London’s major improv groups.
- Recently completed a three week run in the Etcetera Theater with the Stewart McCure-directed Scenes from Communal Living – “Two thumbs up” Time Out
- Have performed with Second City LA and have trained with Second City and the American Comedy Institute in New York, as well as with Alan Marriott in London.
- Currently working with London’s leading Hip Hop Theatre group, Jonzi D Productions, writing a play through improvisation. This play, Markus the Sadist, is going on a UK tour in Autumn ’09, opening at Bloomsbury Theatre.
Some previous reviews:
“His quick wit spits out fantastical, funny tales that veer off in all sorts of imaginative and surprising directions. Broderick has bags of confidence that proves infectious." ThreeWeeks
"Rob Broderick generated the most laughs, taking the biggest risks" Metro, Edinburgh
“A hilarious compere” **** ThreeWeeks